As you know at Dreamcatchers we try to be as eco-friendly as we possibly can. We are not in any way perfect but we try to do our bit.
I hope, our guests when they come, go away thinking a tiny bit more about nature and the world than they did when they arrived and are happy in the knowledge that they have supported a family business trying not to damage the environment.
Here are a few of the things we do to help our environment and our community.
– planting of native trees and bushes in the forest (over 400 so far)
– feeding of birds and Red Squirrels to encourage their numbers
– leaving the grass natural and uncut to encourage insect life
– piles of twigs and wood to give shelter to wildlife
– no bin liners to cut down on plastics
– the planting of wildflowers to sustain the bees
– composting toilets to save water
– recycling bin store (Brian and Ross are often seen rummaging in the bins sorting out the waste if guests make a mistake!)
– supporting of many different charities
– promotion of our local businesses through our blog and recommendations
– encouraging guests to be eco-friendly and aware of nature
From all the pictures and chat we receive regarding the wildlife in the forest we know that our guests love sharing the forest with so many different creatures. One lady had a Red Squirrel jump over the bath as she lay in it. She did not know who got the bigger fright – that I would say is a step too far!
I started with a quote and will end with one too that Jamie shared with us today:
“If you are working on something exciting that you really care about you do not need to be pushed, the vision pulls you”. Steve Jobs